We are currently looking for an Executive Director for Mindful Care Adult Day Services as Founder and ED Tina O’Brien is now officially retired! We will miss her greatly and cannot replace her passion and experience but we are hopeful that someone will find this to be a very compelling cause and rewarding position.
Executive Director of Mindful Care Adult Day Service
Position Description – Responsibilities and Requirements:
MINDFUL CARE Adult Day Services (aka Elders First) provides a supervised daytime program of compassionate care in Rutherford County to individuals age 55+ who are experiencing age-related mental or physical impairments.
To be successful in this role, one must have the following:
- 5+ years’ experience in grant research and writing, preferably with experience in non-profit/charitable; experience in a supervisory role; and proven experience of budget preparation, setting and monitoring financial forecasting
- Ability to supervise, select, train and develop a solid staff
- Knowledge of Quickbooks for reporting requirements
- Flexibility with scheduling and daily work agendas
- Excellent analytical, planning, organizational, and solutions-oriented skills
- Proven verbal and written communication skills; great telephone etiquette and ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff
- Excellent time management skills with ability to multi-task, pay great attention to detail, and manage competing priorities
- Proficient technology experience, including accounting software, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Ability to plan for, maintain, and make efficient use of facilities, equipment and supplies
- Ability to develop evaluation systems, evaluate results and report results to the Board and other stakeholders regularly
Overview: The Executive Director of Mindful Care Adult Day Services will work closely with the Program Manager while also interacting with the Board of Directors. The Executive Director of Mindful Care Adult Day Services will provide financial leadership and manage financial functions including but not limited to accounting, finance, and treasury. The position requires engagement with multiple levels of staff and the ideal candidate is a leader and a team player with a strong work ethic and personal commitment to success.
- Ensure financial objectives are met and Program procedures are followed.
- Provide input into the Programs financial decision-making processes.
- Responsible for compliance and regulatory issues pertaining to the licence and activities of the organization.
- Create organization structures, build efficient systems for getting work done that meet best practices standards and legal requirements; continuously improve the organization’s functioning
- Lead the organizations’ accounting as well as oversee administration and facilities. This would include the development and mentoring of direct reports with the goal to achieve best practices and optimal output.
Brief Summary of Responsibilities:
- Ensure accurate and consistent wants of clients and funders; use these data in strategic and operational planning
- Ensure a cost-effective mix of quality programs and services, working with other community agencies; build delivery systems and deliver services
- Market services to clients; market service opportunities and results to funders and volunteers
- Manage and build relationships with funders, volunteers, clients and community-at-large; position and market the organization in the marketplace
- Develop, enhance and implement internal policies, select, train, develop, supervise, evaluate and reward/recognize staff and volunteers
- Ensure operational efficiencies in the areas of administration, facilities and maintenance management.
- Assess the needs, wants of clients and funders; use that data in a strategic and in operational planning
- Create and evaluate reward/recognize staff and volunteers
Job Type: Part-Time
Contact Information and Procedure:
Qualified candidates should submit the following information via email
- Cover letter sharing your heart
- Salary $20,000
- Where you found job posting
Only qualified candidates need apply (no phone calls please).