Activity Assistant of Mindful Care Adult Day Service
Mindful Care provides a year-round, 5 day-per-week, person-centered, non-residential adult daytime activity program for people age 55+ who are suffering from memory loss, social isolation, and other health challenges. Family caregivers have relief from their continuous caregiving duties while our trained staff provides meaningful activities for their loved ones at an affordable fee. The program supports elders by promoting memory and cognitive function, and sustaining physical wellness. This is a social model daytime program, therefore, medical care is not provided by the staff. A high level of independent judgment is needed in decision making and in completing required duties. We are looking for candidates interested in stability and long term employment.
Position Description – Responsibilities and Requirements:
To be successful in this role, one must be a CRAFTER.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Physical ability to perform manual work including lifting and bending.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand English
- Must pass a Criminal Background Check
- Must possess and maintain a good reputation for honesty, integrity, and confidentiality.
- Excellent human relations skills with the ability to communicate effectively and deal courteously with the public, fellow employees, volunteers, day services participants, families and caregivers.
- Ability to report for work on time and perform job responsibilities in a timely manner.
- Ability to perform required tasks of caring for elders with dementia.
Overview: We are looking for a positive, compassionate Activities Assistant to schedule and coordinate events. The Activities Assistant will create and handle the logistics for daily, weekly, and monthly events in an effort to engage clients, residents, or patients. They must be a CRAFTER.
To succeed as an Activities Assistant, you should strive to stage entertaining, engaging activities that will appeal to the age and physical or emotional condition of the client. You should be observant, driven, creative, and caring. Compensation: $12 per hour. Some flexibility between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. three days per week.
Brief Summary of Responsibilities:
- Lead at least four (4) group activities daily. Set up equipment and supplies for activities
- and put them away afterwards.
- Operate recreation equipment needed for arts and crafts, physical fitness, and other
- equipment appropriate for stimulating activities.
- Assist in training volunteers and practicum students in communication skills necessary
- for working with older individuals with dementia and/or cognitive impairment.
- Stand for an hour at a time, sit, stoop, and walk intermittently and lift objects weighing
- up to 20 pounds.
- Operate copy machine, computer, and other office equipment as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Part-Time, for Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, 8am to 5pm, $12/hour.
Contact Information and Procedure:
Qualified candidates should submit the following information via email
- Cover letter sharing your heart
- $12/hr Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, 8am to 5pm
- Where you found job posting
Only qualified candidates need apply (no phone calls please).